Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spiritual Mentorship (Whatever -that- is)

A Client asked me when and how it was I first had "contact" with my spirit guides. So I talked about how, not much longer after teaching myself guitar and writing my first "real" songs, I began having experiences where words and music came right through--in the time it took me to write it all down without stopping.

I also talked about how, during that same period, through trial and error, I taught myself to shamanic journey or to visit higher dimensions and/or travel in my light body or by consciousness alone (temporarily leaving my physical body). In this way, I met beings who were definitely not me and had experiences which were clearly not of our wake or dream state.

I then jumped twenty years ahead--over a hundred great tangents--to say that the channeling classes, which Emily Bowe teaches (reference IHI website page http://indigohealinginstitute.org/classes.html) pushed me to open to connecting with my guides for other people--and to open to my healing gifts. I had never even considered that before!

My client said, "Oh, so it took that long to open to channeling," [while he was feeling impatient with his own timeline].

Then it occurred to me, that in our traditional, linear, 3rd dimensional thinking, it's supposed to take twenty years of a discipline to be able to do or know anything masterful or esoteric, whether martial arts (reference my upcoming blog post, "The Truth is Right Here") or religion or stage performance. They don't even teach you the good stuff until you've been around half a lifetime and given blood.

Sure, there's logic in these traditions, and maybe this has saved us from world domination, but the energy is different now. Maybe it took twenty years to ensure the student was serious; and could repeat the oral tradition accurately; and wouldn't betray the teacher; and it may have taken twenty years for the student to overcome or break through his birth-zeitgeist consciousness to be able to live the way or energy of the teaching.

The fact is that at this time the energies are such that time, the 4th dimension, can collapse. You can get there from here, folks, truly. The veils are within everyone's reach.

In this way, many of these old traditions, whose original intent or function was to teach and uplift, need to be looked at closely by the student. Most of the teachers are holding to the multi-thousand year old policies about who can join the club and when. This is true in all cultures, religions and disciplines.

The "real deal" teachers will welcome any real student with open arms, because their hearts are open to the spirit of their tradition. And who's got time to wait to connect?

Namaste,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment